So, you purchased your first cow or cows and have just set up your wall, sanctuary, and watering areas. Congrats! Now comes the test with dealing with them. Ordinarily handling or taking care of cows includes much more difficult work than thinking about beef cows.
With meat cows, however, the most you should stress over is if they are raising a calf or not and if they have enough to eat. Read about the following things and find out everything about taking care of a cow:
- Taking care of your cows is the first and most significant part of dealing with dairy cows. You need to take care of them to assist them with creating milk. Without feed, don’t expect your dairy cows to create a lot of milk.
- You can take care of the feed, grain, silage, or even let them nibble grass if there is a lot of grass for your cows to eat. Be certain that they have consistent access to clean water; dairy animals ought to drink a lot of water, particularly when they are being raised for milk. You should take care of them consistently or the same number of times as vital every day or week relying upon how you are taking care of them.
- If that they’re on the field, you have to guarantee they have a new field. If they are on a rotational grazing schedule, you should switch paddocks consistently, or possibly the same number of times each day or every week as necessary.
- If your dairy cows are on feed, ensure they are getting a detailed proportion that best suits their requirements as they are creating milk. This implies feeds of high in calcium, phosphorus, protein, and vitality, which will both assist in producing top-notch milk and keep them healthy. Make certain to permit your cow’s free access to free mineral also.
- Beef cows ought to be fed off as indicated by what phase of reproduction they’re in, their physiological needs, and their body requirements. If cows are lactating with a nursing calf at side, they’ll need great quality feed and supplementation if they are losing a lot of condition on simply hay alone.
- Dry (non-lactating) meat cows that are in good condition do fine on lesser-quality feed. Thin cows need great quality hay and potentially supplementation to gain weight over the winter, however, fat cows can do with low-quality food to get thinner.
- Maintain a good health program. This implies staying up with the latest with inoculations and de-worming programs. If you haven’t as of now, it would be ideal to see your local veterinarian for specific immunizations and de-worming or de-living medicines that are best for your cows.
- Check your cows normally for any indications of sickness or injury. Dairy cows are exceptionally powerless to mastitis and face weakness issues, which should be checked as soon as possible.
- Keep the stalls where they live or go to be milked clean with fresh bedding. This should be done each day. Straw or sawdust that has been soiled from excrement with clean bedding. If you neglect to do this you may welcome higher instances of mastitis in your cows.
- Consistently clean the milking supplies. This is so they don’t represent a danger of mastitis to the cows when you milk them, and it likewise guarantees that the milk you get from those cows is kept clean. Milk that is defiled with dirt represents a high danger of having E. coli, Streptococcus, Salmonella, Campylobacter, Clostridium spp., and so forth which can do a health danger to people if consumed.
- Milk them. Dairy cows should be milked two times every day. Contingent upon what number of cows you have, you may need to milk them by hand or by machine. It is ideal to have machines milking them if you have multiple cows to milk.
- Keep up a breeding project. All together for dairy cows to be profitable in creating milk, they should be reproduced once every year to deliver a calf.
- Feed or field them as indicated by the seasons. Meat cows ought to be let to brush out on the field during the times when the field is available.
- Yearly soil tests and once in a while harrowing, if you don’t have chickens or dung beetles, you can spread the fertilizer around, will likewise help keep your field and paddocks productive.
- Continuously make sure that your cows have clean water and loose minerals.
Read more details to buy the best animal for EID at https://janwer.pk/.